Sunday 7 November 2010

Busy Weekend

What a busy weekend I have had. Yesterday was so hectic - I managed a quick trip to Hobbycraft yesterday morning but I can't brag about my bargains as I didn't get any! Most disappointing but I supose there will always be another shopping trip to look forward to. Anyway Baz decided we should have a drive up to the Lakes and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I was so taken with the Autumn colours that I forgot to take my camera out and capture their beauty but I did manage to snap some beautiful fells in their seasonal beauty.

I spent the evening enjoying my Rubber Stamp Madness Magazine that arrived in the post - I really love looking throught this US Magazine. I only get two mags regularly RSM and Craft Stamper. I feel they are the ones that suit my Craft/Stamping Style whatever that is:-)

 

 



Now I have had a busy crafting day today and have managed to make this autumn card that will be winging it's way to one of my US penfriends - I got two more this week that makes 12 all over the USA - I really enjoy writing letters and receiving them - we all exchange cards, ATS and all sorts of bits & pieces that fit in and envelope.

Anyway back to the card I used a brass stencil and coloured it using pastel chalks throught the stencil. I then used translucent stencil paste over the stencil and although you can't see it very well it has raised the surface of the pumpkins giving it a lovely glossy finish.

I have enter this card in CES Challenge Blog
 

I then went on to make some sweetie treat bags - I have a friend who is organising a stall next week at a local WI Christmas Fair and she was asking if I had any ideas for some child friendly bits to put on her table - I took myself of to Lidl and purchased some Christmas Haribo sweets and some Father Christmas chocolates and made some mixed sweet bags that I hope will be ok. If not I will take them to work and give them out instead of Christmas Cards!

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Wow Sue you have certainly been busy. the card is beautiful, fantastic technique and I just love the cute little sweetie bags.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card, but those sweetie bags are just fab!
    Thank you for joining us at CES Challenge this week! Good luck, hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the goody bags they are fab Sue, love the card too and the photographs are amazing...beautiful countryside
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue

    Saw Mickey's email too late to send in my blog address for UKSN newsletter.

    Love your blog and all the lovely things you have made. Especially these pumpkin lanterns.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete