Saturday 13 March 2010

In the Lake District Hills

 

 

 

 



Just got back in from a great afternoon out - we went up the Lakes and went right over to the west coast. It was lovely when we set off but the clouds came down and it created a really weird effect as it blotted out the sun. I took some photos but they haven't come out as well as I hoped they would. The first one is looking back to the estuary into the bay and the mist is the cloud descending. The others are just looking across to the hills which still have snow on them.

We had a lovely lunch at the Byre at Bootle just before Waberthwaite and the puddings are to die for. Barry had Date and ginger sticky pudding with custard and I had a sticky toffee muffin with toffee sauce and cream mmmm lovely. Didn't do my diet any good and I had indigestion all afternoon but it was lovely at the time.

We came back over Rynose and Hardknot pass - very scenic but very scary glad I wasn't driving.

Check my emails when I got home and I had one from a lovely lady called Gloria who had received one of my ATCs in the Craft Stamper Swap. She wants to swap a few more - sounds like fun. I'll let you know how it goes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment