Sunday 11 May 2014

Pumpkin Pincushions

I love Pinterest and spend many a happy hour browsing online - there is just so much inspiration out there and so many talented people sharing ideas and patterns. 
 
Here are a couple of really cute  Pumpkin Pincushions I have made over the weekend from a pin I found on the Fiskars Board - Its really easy to make as the instructions are in a picture format.  I have added a link.  I used a small bowl as a template and by varying the circle size you can make the pumpkins bigger or smaller.
 
 I made two different leaves as I couldn't make my mind up which to use and I'm still not sure.  The first leaf  is made from a piece of green batik cotton.
 

The second leaf is made from green felt and a little hand topstitching.  The original pattern has a piece of curled ribbon but I haven't added it as I didn't have any grosgrain ribbon in the right colour!
 
I have two more pincushions to finish and will add them to my pumpkin patch in the autum!
 
Thanks for looking
 
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment