Saturday 26 May 2012

Hels does it again!

I have just spent the day at Dawn Bibby's Studio in Accrington where the wonderful Hels Sheridan was taking a workshop. The theme was 'Reflections of Art' - (Hels tongue-in-cheek title) and we spent an enjoyable day painting, sanding and staining a wood framed mirror with all things Ranger and Tim Holtzy. We made beautiful grungy flowers and they turned out fantastically well, coloured clouds of butterflies and attached them by various methods onto the wood surround. Chocolate and sweeties were passed around in abundance and a great time was had by all - I met some lovely ladies. If you get the chance to do a Hels Sheridan class and have a fun filled day I can thoroughly recommend it. Here is a picture of the mirror that Hels made - due to lack of time I will post mine when I get back from my hols. I'm off to the USA in the morning and will be joining an Alaskan Cruise next week - my dream holiday - I can't wait and to say I'm a bit excited is putting it mildy.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday when it gets here - I will flying the flag on the high seas and will be sporting a very fetching teeshirt with the union jack emblazend in glitter on the front. Even Bazzer has got a Union Jack shirt which he tells me he will be wearing on the day. Be back in a couple of weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment