Sunday 25 March 2012

Hels Workshop

Today was the day I was at the Dawn Bibby Studio for a full day of crafting with the lovely Hels Sheridan of 'Ink on my Fingers' Blog fame
and boy did we get inky fingers!!! Hels is so much fun and it felt like we were old friends as I follow her blog everyday. Her work is amazing and her tags are legendary. Here is the lady herself in full flow.
 
I was introduced to Freckles who travels more than I do - he went with Hels to the Ranger University last year and was introduced to Lord Tim. Freckles was a great hit with our American cousins and I was delighted he agreed to pose for a qhick photo.

 
Here is the first project we made it a tag holder with a matching tag. We used Distress Stains, Distress Ink, Sizzix Die Cuts, Tim's Stamps and losts of Ideaology bits and pieces. I was very taken with the Cog Wheels and the fastening on the outside of the holder. They are made out of Grunge Paper, something I have never used before but I will be using again, and we used the inks to colour them, They looked like rusty iron when we had finished,

 
A view of the inside of the holder.

 
Finally a picture of the matching tag. We grunged up the ribbon with ink to match the tag colour. I would like to enter this in Die-Ing for a Challenge - Blue and Brown and Saturday Challenge - Shabby Chic Vintage and Sugar Creek Hollow - No 4 Steampunk

 

Finally, in the afternoon we covered techniques using Distress Stains and Inks and made a Sampler Ring to use as a reminder. Hels will be up again at Dawn's Studio on 26th & 27th May and I have already booked my place on the Saturday - Sunday is a no go for me as I fly off to the USA on holiday.

 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Hey great to meet you :) had a lovely morning. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, fabulous image and perfect for our challenge of Vintage/Shabby Chic at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute job, love your Vintage/Shabby Chic touch!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun...and what a beautiful creation to take home. Love all of the extras on this and your design is wonderful. So glad you could share this with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.
    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sure I had already commented on this fabulous steampunk creation but it seems to have disappeared. Love the folds and the colour scheme. I love the grunge paper too and plan to use it more often. I would love to know how you made the rusty metal look. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete