Saturday 16 January 2010

Art from the Heart Weekend

Well it has been a busy start to the New Year. Work really interfers with my crafting and my blogging time.:-) Just been so tired when I get home from work there seems to be no time for either.

Anyway I have got a largish batch of wedding invites to make and they have to be ready for 1st week in March - I made three samples and the bride has choosen the one she likes - when I get my camera sorted I will post pictures (don't hold your breath I get technically challenged when I have to download pictures from my camera). Will have to get myself organised to get them all done. lol

Had a great weekend in Harrogate last weekend, despite the arctic conditions, on an 'Art from the Heart' Fan Dabby Weekend. The course started on the Friday evening where we all got to meet one another and we started one of the many projects Dyan had planned for the group but the evening was finished early as the snow had come down and we were in danger of being snowed in. I struggled to get my car out of the carpark and ending up sliding gracefully sideways out onto the road - very classy and I got a round of applause for effort!!!

Saturday dawned bright and crisp and we were all eager to get on. A busy two days commenced and we altered and decorated tins, completed changed an old diary into a fabulous mini art journal, made a mini tag book complete with tags, completed a wooden wall tag with angel wings, made a storage box for ATCs, and some ATC Cards to put in it and finally made a wall calendar. Dyan worked us hard but fed us well and the cakes were to die for (thanks to Elaine the Baker for them). The ladies in the group were from all over the country but we had a really great laugh. Thank you everyone and a special thankyou to Dyan for her patience in teaching us all the new techniques we covered. Going to do an art journal course next but not until the weather warms up lol.

Was really tired on the Monday and it has taken all week for me to get over such a busy weekend.

The weather is rubbish today so I think I will make a start on the Wedding Invites.

No comments:

Post a Comment