Wednesday 26 February 2014

Latest Cushion Creations

 
I've spent  a lot of time recently playing with my new sewing machine getting use to all the 'magic' it can do and the more I use it the more I find out how much sewing machines have moved on. It was not the most expensive machine on the market (I looked at one that was over £2000 !!*@£$$). 
 
The one I decided on was a Brother machine and what sold it to me was the automatic needle threader and the free Quilting Kit that came with it  (well almost - there was also one or two more features I liked lol).  Buttonholes are a dream, embroidery stitches are as easy as ABC, and it has opened up a whole new world of free embroidery - a very steep learning curve but this is work in progress and I'm hoping to improve.
 
I have just made these two cushions with appliqued Scottie Dogs machined on with a blanket stitch although you can't actually see the stitches - Note to self  I must start using my camera and not my phone to take photos as the quality is much better. 
 

 
I have plans to make more cushions and personalise them for family members for Christmas this year - just a bit different. I have just drawn a Hare silhouette and this will be my next project but I have some bunting to finish first.
 
Hope your watching The Great British Sewing Bee on BBC 2.  I know I am - who would have thought a sewing competition could be so addictive.
 
Thanks for looking
 
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment